13 groups of amateur dancers from Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur and as far south as Johor, competed in the Ipoh leg of the K-Pop Dance Cover Competition on Sunday.
It was a tough battle as each group gave its best effort in flawless mimicry of popular K-Pop hits.
Adjudged by a 3-member panel comprising Iylia, Sean Lee and Kryxtal, points were given based on impersonation, recreation and emulation of a single, uninterrupted dance choreography of a K-Pop track.
Here is the list of participants and songs they performed:
1) Dreamix – Red Velvet (Happiness)
2) Anima7e – Dreamcatcher (You and I)
3) Chromation – Monsta x (Jealousy + Beautiful)
4) Virus Ladies – Pristin V (Get It)
5) Lovely D – CLC (Black Dress)
6) DayDream – Playback (Want You To Stay)
7) X’theNiQue – Dreamcatcher (You and I)
8) Luminous – Dreamcatcher (Flyhigh & Goodnight)
9) Dawns – Mamamoo (Decalcomanie)
10) D Justice – Blackpink (Playing with Fire + Dududu)
11) Candy Crush – Goodday (Rolly)
12) Aquila – Red Velvet (Happiness)
13) D’Muses – Twice (Like Ooh Ahh)
At the end of three hours, points were finally tabulated and the winners list was ready.
Champion: X’theNiQue – RM2000
1st Runner-up: VirusLadies – RM1000
2nd Runner-up: Chromation – RM500
Luminous – RM200
Anima7e – RM200
Congratulations to all the winners!
This K-Pop Dance Cover Competition was an event highlight of Ipoh Parade’s 6-day K-Street Carnival. This Ipoh leg kicked off the competition, which will also see similar battles hosted at sister malls of Ipoh Parade.
Who will emerge the overall champion in the competition? Only time will tell.
Event: K-Pop Dance Cover Competition
Venue: Ipoh Parade, Ipoh
Date: 8th July, 2018
Note: View larger images by clicking on an image once this page has completely loaded. Then navigate by clicking on the right or left side of image.