Ipoh, the Bougainvillea City, played host to the annual conference of Toastmasters International District 51’s 26th Annual Conference over three days at Impiana Hotel Ipoh. The theme was “Pathways: Moving Forward Stronger.”
The annual event attracted some 200 Toastmasters clubs from northern and central Peninsular Malaysia. This year’s conference was a high profile meeting as it was graced by International President Lark Doley, DTM, who flew in from Texas, United States of America.
Toastmasters International District 51 comprises more than 150 clubs in northern and central Peninsular Malaysia with approximately 3,000 members.
Among the agenda’s highlights were:
• keynote address by the International President Lark Doley, DTM;
• plenary speeches by renowned speakers: Lark Doley, DTM; Dr. Sarjit Singh, LeAnn Tang and James Phang,
• Humorous Speech Contest to showcase the value of humour in speeches,
• Evaluation Contest to demonstrate the art of giving effective feedback,
• Table Topics Contest to demonstrate the art of impromptu speaking,
• International Speech Contest in which the champion proceeds to the Quarterfinals of the World Championship of Public Speaking,
• Memory Lane exhibition to commemorate the late Gerald Green’s work in the formation of District 51 which consisted of 7 countries in Southeast Asia 25 years ago,
• First-timers gather for delegates attending the district annual conference for the first time,
• Gala night to recognise the achievements of clubs and members, and the installation of District Officers for Term 2019-2020.
Toastmasters International is a worldwide non-profit educational organisation that empowers members to be effective communicators, since 1924. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA, there are over 352,000 members in more than 16,400 clubs in 141 countries.
Membership is open to individuals 18 years and above. Interested? Log on to this site.
Note: View larger images by clicking on an image once this page has completely loaded. Then navigate by clicking on the right or left side of image.