The Mediterranean cuisine that was supposed to be a short promotion at The Haven’s Cuisines Restaurant is now part of the main menu due to overwhelming response from diners.
The restaurant, like most facilities at BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Haven Ipoh, is only open to residents and guests of the resort, as well as guests of guests. Therefore, it is very exclusive.
This international fare has been introduced by Lebanese Jean Michel Baradei, the resort General Manager. Drawing up the menu, he selected the most popular Mediterranean dishes to serve that would suit many a palate.
The hands-on GM even spent time in the kitchen to train and hone the skills of the chefs to perfection in preparing this Mediterranean fare.
Are you aware that the meat has to be marinated for at least 24 hours before it is cooked? And to add to the authenticity of the dishes, the herbs used are imported directly from Lebanon, giving the meat a distinctive “home” taste approved by Mr. Baradei.
The full course meal begins with an appetiser followed by a main course of New Zealand Beef Shawarma, Chicken Shawarma, Shish Tawook or Fish Tajin. Wrap up your meal with an authentic Mediterranean dessert of either Roz Bil Halib (rice pudding) or Muhallebiya (milk pudding).
1) Hummus (RM12+)
– mashed chick peas mixed with tahini, olive oil, mashed garlic and lemon juice served with pita bread
2) Lebanese Tabouleh Salad (RM12+)
– freshly chopped parsley salad with tomato, onion, couscous, olive oil, lemon juice and spices served with pita bread
3) Moutabal (RM12+)
– fire-roasted eggplant (aubergine) with tahini, garlic and lemon juice served with pita bread
4) Chicken Liver with Pomegranate (RM14)
– sauté chicken liver cooked in garlic, onion, lemon juice and pomegranate sauce served with pita bread
5) Shish Tawook (RM20+)
– marinated chicken skewers served with yogurt alongside French fries, pita bread and garlic sauce
6) New Zealand Beef Shawarma (RM36+)
– fresh mushrooms with double cream served with French fries, pita bread and garlic sauce
7) Chicken Shawarma (RM22+)
– boneless chicken breast sautéd with onion, tomato topped with tahini sauce served with French fries, pita bread and garlic sauce
8) Fish Tajin (RM32+)
– oven baked fish fillet coated with tahini sauce served with rice
9) Roz Bil Halib (RM8+)
– rice pudding
10) Muhallebiya (RM8+)
– milk pudding
These Mediterranean dishes are available at Cuisines (Restaurant) from 11am to 10.30pm daily. Check them out before the menu is updated by July, 2015.
BEST WESTERN PREMIER The Haven Ipoh
Add: Jalan Haven (Persiaran Lembah Perpaduan), 31150 Tambun, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 38.167′ E101° 9.684′
Tel: +605 220 9000
Fax: +605 220 9011
Note: View larger images by clicking on an image once this page has completely loaded. Then navigate by clicking on the right or left side of image.