To commemorate the milestone of Batman’s 80th anniversary, year-long global plans to honour the World’s Greatest Detective has been unveiled.
In Southeast Asia, fans can join in the first grand celebration in the region by heading to SkyAvenue, Resorts World Genting, from now until 10th July, 2019.
Collaborating with Warner Bros Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, Sky Avenue, Resorts World Genting has prepared an exciting array of activities and exhibitions spread throughout the mall for one whole month.
“As Asia’s leading integrated resort, we are proud to host this internationally recognised franchise from DC Comics whilst simultaneously celebrating the character which has played a prominent role in mainstream culture.
“I am confident that families visiting will have a fantastic time as they interact with the numerous activities and exhibitions at Resorts World Genting,” said Kevin Tann, Vice President of Entertainment & Events of the property.
Among the Batman-themed celebration include:
1) The world’s first Batman SkySymphony show at Level 1, SkyAvenue. The exclusive SkySymphony show will be an extravaganza that stimulates audio and visual senses while 1,001 winch balls transform into the various versions of the Bat-Emblem.
Simultaneously, the massive 360° LED screens that surround the area will feature graphics from different eras throughout the eighty years of the Dark Knight’s history. The show will be played at various times daily from now until 10th July, 2019.
2) Exhibit of life-size Batman, 1:1 replica of Batmobile from the 1989 Tim Burton-directed film and the Batmobile from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016, at Level 1 of SkyAvenue.
3) Displays of Batman’s key milestones, illustrating the development and history of Batman from 1939 to 2019. For visitors who enjoy snapping photos, there is a special trick-art wall at the SkyAtrium.
4) Batman live show & Batman Meet & Greet, will be held three times a day on selected dates at the Times Square Stage. Fans can also join the fun by taking part in the cosplay event on 28 June – 30 June ; 5 July – 7 July 2019 at Times Square Stage, too.
5) Display of Batman’s ‘chibi’ replica of statues include The Joker, Poison Ivy and others. Chibi is a Japanese word to describe characters depicted in an adorable and exaggerated manner. Here, fans can see the typically austere Batman portrayed in a new light.
6) Presentation of fan-created Wayang Kulit art, a traditional form of a puppet-shadow play where puppet figures are projected on a linen screen. This exhibit highlights Malaysian culture in a unique way with Wayang Kulit stylised Batman art displayed at SkyAtrium.
7) Sale of favourite Batman merchandise from the pop-up store located at the Skytropolis and First World Lobby. Exclusive collector’s items are also available for redemption.
Note: View larger images by clicking on an image once this page has completely loaded. Then navigate by clicking on the right or left side of image.