You are cordially invited to participate in the meritorious celebration of Thai New Year, or traditionally known as Songkran. It is also called Water-Splashing Festival.
In this event:-
1) family and friends gather to pay gratitude to their elders and visit temples for prayer and offering
2) bathe the Buddha image with fragrant water
3) give alms to the monks
4) build sand pagodas to cultivate merit
5) liberate birds and fish
Programme: 15th April, 2018 (Sunday)
– Homage to Triple Gem followed by observation of five precepts
– Pangsukula chanting by sangha (ancestor worship)
– Tak batt ceremony
– Gruadnamm (transfer merit to all beings)
– Offering food to sangha
– Lunch for devotees
– Bathing of Buddha image ceremony by the venerable monks
– Watering Buddha statues and pour fragrant water into the palms of monks and elders as a gesture of humility and to ask for their blessings
– Water splashing and enjoy fun-filled local entertainment and tasting Thai food
Songkran is believed to bring longevity, good health and prosperity to devotees.
*All are welcome. For non-Muslims only.
(managed by Pertubuhan Penganut Agama Buddha Wat Sribunya Maggarama)
Add: 88 & 90, Jalan Raja Dihilir (Jalan Tambun), 30350 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
GPS Coordinates: N 04 36.068′ E 101 6.842′
Note: View larger image by clicking on it once this page has completely loaded.