The Habitat Penang Hill

1. The Habitat Penang Hill
1. The Habitat Penang Hill

Opened to the public since 8th Jan, 2016, The Habitat on Penang Hill is one of the island’s latest eco attractions. Set on the fringes of a 130-million-year old rainforest, The Habitat’s main highlight, to me, is its Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk, which is only accessible by the public this April.

2. Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk
2. Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk
3. Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk
3. Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk

It is Penang’s highest viewing platform at 12 metres in height, offering 360-degree panoramic views of the island via its 100-metre circular platform. But first, one has to climb up 70 steps.

4. view from the top as far as the eye can see
4. view from the top as far as the eye can see
5. the trail begins
5. the trail begins

Visitors have at most a maximum time of fifteen minutes on Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk, depending on weather conditions. Only forty people are allowed on the platform simultaneously due to safety reasons.

 6. Star of Bethlehem
6. Star of Bethlehem
7. Tree Fern
7. Tree Fern

For those who suffer from acrophobia, they could equally enjoy The Habitat as it offers a 1.6km nature trail on ground to allow visitors to immerse in the natural beauty of the rainforest.

8. Dusky Leaf monkeys
8. Dusky Leaf monkeys
9. one of the two giant swings
9. one of the two giant swings

Trained nature guides are available, who readily share their knowledge of plants, animals and bugs as and when you come across them.

10. teardrop hammock
10. teardrop hammock
11. R&R pit stop
11. R&R pit stop

Really, there are so many of these nature’s gifts to look out for as the trail is just steps away from Penang Forest Reserve. By the way, vegetation at The Habitat is 80% original while the other 20% has been planted.

12. tarantulas' nest as deep as one metre
12. tarantulas’ nest as deep as one metre
13. our guide holds a photo of a tarantula on his phone, discovered at The Habitat
13. our guide holds a photo of a tarantula on his phone, discovered at The Habitat

Do take note that daily complimentary guided tours begin at 9.30am, followed by every subsequent half-hour, with the briefing area as starting point.

14. briefing area
14. briefing area
15. Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk on the horizon
15. Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk on the horizon

Apart from Curtis Crest Tree Top Walk and Nature Trail, other attractions include Canopy Bridges, Canopy Walks, Ziplines as well as Sunset Evening Walk. During my visit, all these were not ready yet, so I do not have photos to show. It also means that I shall be back after everything is completed in April!

16. Monkey Tail Fern
16. Monkey Tail Fern
17. Operations Manager Andrew Stevenson holds a copy of the painting of the hill from years ago - the original painting is currently being displayed in Singapore
17. Operations Manager Andrew Stevenson holds a copy of the painting of the hill from years ago – the original painting is currently being displayed in Singapore

Tickets:
Adult – RM20
Child / Senior Citizen – RM10
Student (with ID) – RM10
Family package (2 adults + 2 kids) – RM50
Child below 3 years of age – complimentary
*membership is available

Opening hours: 9.30am – 6pm daily, except Wednesdays

18. jungle-themed souvenir store
18. jungle-themed souvenir store
19. the exit of The Habitat Penang Hill
19. the exit of The Habitat Penang Hill

The Habitat Penang Hill
Add: Bukit Bendera, 11300 Penang, Malaysia.
Tel: +604 – 826 7677
Email: inquiry@thehabitat.my

Note: View larger images by clicking on an image once this page has completely loaded. Then navigate by clicking on the right or left side of image.
With love

17 thoughts on “The Habitat Penang Hill

  1. Habitat Penang Hill, has a Lovely tourist attractions. Climbing the hill, sight seeing is fun .

  2. Is Penang Hill the same as Bukit Bendera? I’ve never been to this place before! Looks interesting. The tree top walk looks scary though haha *fear of heights*!

  3. I made a visit to Penang Hill a few years back and I definitely miss it. Will certainly need to do another one when I head back <3

  4. The Habitat looks like a green paradise. A great place for a family outing and an opportunity to get close to nature. Would love to get there someday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Loading...