Ernest Zacharevic’s new pieces of wall art in Ipoh’s Old Town have been all the rage recently. Commissioned by Oldtown White Coffee for its “Art of Oldtown Project”, the Lithuanian-born artist has brought his unique brand of wall art that incorporates local culture, enlivening that part of Ipoh. Locals and tourists alike are having a whale of a time taking photos with these artworks.
1) Uncle drinking coffee (Jalan Bandar)
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 35.876′ E101° 04.595′
2) Paper plane (Jalan Tun Sambanthan)
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 35.875′ E101° 04.609′
3) Five packets of kopi-O (Jalan Tun Sambanthan)
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 35.847′ E101° 04.714′
4) Hummingbird (Jalan Panglima)
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 35.798′ E101° 04.714′
5) Evolution (Jalan Bijeh Timah)
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 35.779′ E101° 04.757′
6) Trishaw garbage collector (Concubine Lane 3)
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 35.718′ E101° 04.747′
7) Girl and sparrows (Jalan Bandar Timah)
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 35.835 E101° 04.696′
8) Original kopi-o (Jalan Bandar Timah) not in map
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 35.783′ E 101° 04.632′
I hope that this post helps you in locating these wall art pieces, which are actually within walking distance from one another but not easy to spot if one is unfamiliar with the area.
Note: View larger images by clicking on an image once this page has completely loaded. Then navigate by clicking on the right or left side of image.