With the still worrisome number of COVID-19 cases and the strict Movement Control Order (MCO) implemented in Malaysia and some other parts of the world, travelling plans have to be put on hold, plus prior travel bookings are cancelled or postponed.
Bound to stay at home, now is the time to travel through virtual experiences, and let the mind wander through the beauty of your travel destinations. Meanwhile, let’s look at some ideas on how you can make yourself travel without being out and about.
1. Travel into Tourism Selangor official website Selangor.travel, regarding interesting places to visit, comprising all the 9 districts in the heart of Malaysia.
2. Wander into all of Selangor travel stories for ideas on your next short getaway. You can just do that when the MCO ends.
3. Have a romantic date at the Shah Alam Gallery by going on an online tour through videos on their website.
4. Surf travel booking websites for the best hotel deals, and getaway packages to boost your holiday spirit.
5. Experience splendid Selangor via the Selangor Community Host video on YouTube and while you are at it, subscribe to Tourism Selangor’s channel.
6. Dive into Menarik di K.Selangor videos on YouTube for an exciting and awesome travel experience into the historical town of Kuala Selangor.
7. Get hyped by checking out Sunway Lagoon website for the best theme park experience, and catch amazing deals for your next planned visit.
8. Enjoy food being delivered at your doorstep from the finest restaurants and cafes in Selangor.
9. Stay in and enjoy a delicious serving of breakfast in bed, filled with some of Selangor favourites like the old school kopitiam coffee, soft boiled eggs and fresh toasts spread with butter and kaya.
10. Be inspired and turn your bedroom into a sweet escapade with white linens and fresh towels just like in world class hotels.
11. Meals at home don’t always have to be dull. Keep them exciting by having an indoor picnic with your loved ones.
12. What’s more romantic than star gazing while having a movie night at home.
13. If you love to travel for food – whip up some of Selangor’s must try local dishes at home. Here are some recommendations for the authentic food. Recipes are obtainable from here.
14. Those of you who are missing your mother’s home cooking – get into the kitchen and recreate some of your favourite childhood dishes.
15. Create a travel itinerary diary of your top places to visit. List everything down to where, when, ticket price, accommodation, budget, clothing and restaurants, particularly if you’re on a special diet or looking for halal food, and how to get about.
16. Print out the world map and mark on the places you have been to as well as sites you would like to visit. Get creative and start small by doing it on the map of Selangor.
With all these suggestions listed out for you, now everyone can actually travel – without travelling. Unwind in the comfort of your own home, indulge in healthy food and wake up in an upscale hotel setting of your own bed. While enduring another two weeks of restrictions, these ideas will surely uplift your spirits while you create new travel memories at home. Spread goodwill and share these proposals with friends, also dear ones.
In the meantime, stay safe, stay indoors.