Wesak Day falls on 21st May (Saturday) this year. This auspicious day coincides with the three important events in Lord Buddha’s life: Birth, Nirvana and Parinirvana. It is believed that good deeds and prayers are multiplied a thousandfold when done on this special day.
The following are activities planned for devotees and well-wishers at Thrangu Dharma Retreat Centre in Tambun, Ipoh, on 21st May, 2016.
1) 9am:- Release Lives
2) 10am:- Four-Arm Chenrezig Puja
3) 11am:- “Bathing Buddha” ceremony (open until 4 pm)
4) 11.30am:- Lamp Offering Marme Monlam
Do take note that although the programme ends by noon, the time for Bathing of Lord Buddha will be extended to 4pm. The significance of this ritual is the purification of one’s body, speech & mind.
This is the proper way of bathing the Lord Buddha statue:-
– Kneel on a cushion
– Fill ladle & pour water over small Buddha Statue 3 times
– 1st wash :- “May I eliminate all negative thoughts”
– 2nd wash :- “May I cultivate good deeds”
– 3rd wash :- “ May I help save all living beings”
Let us aspire to cleanse our mind of greed, hatred & delusion.
For further information, contact the phone numbers listed below.
Thrangu Dharma Retreat Centre
Add: 7.5 miles, Jalan Tambun, Tanjung Rambutan, 31400 Ipoh, Perak.
GPS Coordinates: N 04° 38.642′ E101° 09.364′
Tel: 012-5903525 (Tan Peng Seng) / 012-4352648 (Mdm. Lee)
*for non-Muslims only
Note: View larger image by clicking on it once this page has completely loaded.