In conjunction with Sharpened Word’s 4th anniversary, the interesting topic is FOOD, with the question “Does food make a nation?” posed.
Striving to promote nation-building via arts, culture and literature, five distinguished panellists will talk about Malaysia’s favourite topic of all time, Eating!
1) Professor Khoo Gaik Cheng from the University of Nottingham and the co-author of a culinary literary called Eating Together: Food, Space and Identity in Malaysia and Singapore.
2) Ahmad Najib “Nadge” Arifin, director and researcher from NADGE Academy. Although he is a qualified architect, Ahmad Najib has made food his main passion and his involvement in food has brought him to all four corners of the world.
3) Suresh Subramaniam, the Managing Director of Crew Skills International in Ipoh, a shinning rags-to-riches success from the hospitality industry. His is currently an educator in professional chef-training since settling down in Ipoh.
4) Innovative young entrepreneurs Kenneth Ng and Jecvis Wang, founders of Jalan Theatre Café, an upcoming café known for serving its specialty coffee with a rather unique business plan.
5) Last but not least, See Foon Chan-Koppen, AMP, who has written two widely popular food guides for Ipoh. A retired hotelier, See Foon has chosen Ipoh to be her home and her food column in the community paper, Ipoh Echo, musters a cult following.
Need more information? Why would you? Just be there! For more information, log on to Sharpened Word Facebook Page.
Event: Sharpened Word October 2019
Venue: 22 Hale Street
Add: 22, Jalan Tun Sambanthan, 30000 Ipoh, Perak.
Date: 19th Oct, 2019
Time: 2.30pm – 5pm
Note: View larger image by clicking on it once this page has completely loaded.