Saddened by the subsequent waves of the outbreak, the Federal Government has implemented Movement Control Order in several States in Malaysia to help prevent the widespread of this deadly COVID-19 virus. In this two-week period, opening operations are limited to essential services as we focus on safety precautions amidst this pandemic.
Do not worry, neither should you panic. Let’s take a deep breath and stay home, stay indoors! Few days passed without you realising it, getting through this whole period is another thing. The following are 20 ideas to keep you and your kids busy during the COVID-19 closure.
1. It is time to take out and dust away your board games.
2. Keep a daily journal of what your family and you have been up to.
3. Now is a good time to bake! Bake some cakes or cookies, who knows if it would turn out so good that you might just be able to sell them.
4. Learn to do meal preps. In case if you are working from home, a pre-prepared meal is always the best to keep your family and you full especially during lunch. You also get to save time from cooking!
5. Movie nights at home. Each night, a family member gets to choose what to watch.
6. If you haven’t started, try working out at home.
7. Make a countdown and do something productive each day. This will make you feel good about yourselves by the end of this two-week period.
8. Help your children with homework.
9. Complete puzzles or build something out of Legos.
10. Make a list of travel destinations you would like to visit in Selangor.
11. Spring clean! Go through things you don’t use anymore and put them aside for charity.
12. Do chores. Make a list for every member of the family.
13. Redecorate your house.
14. Go camping in your yard.
15. Video chat with friends and relatives. Social distancing doesn’t have to be awful.
16. Plan your next family vacation in Selangor.
17. Start home gardening (indoors or outdoors).
18. Create a home movie.
19. Make a map of where you would like to go once MCO is over.
20. Karaoke at home.
Jam up these ideas to keep you and your family occupied during these tough times. Hence, you get to refrain yourself from going out unnecessarily. Plus, you get to spend quality time with your loved ones. However, if you do feel under the weather or in need of medical attention, it is advisable to go to the nearest clinic or hospital to get yourself screened. Below is a list of healthcare centres located in Selangor that can provide the appropriate service.
– KPJ Damansara Specialist Hospital
– Sunway Specialist Centre Damansara
– The Tun Hussein Onn National Eye Hospital
– Avisena Specialist Hospital
– Columbia Asia Hospital Bukit Rimau
– Ara Damansara Medical Centre
– Sunway Medical Centre
– KPJ Klang Specialist Centre
– Subang Jaya Medical Centre
– Assunta Hospital
Do take note that if you have been exposed or have flu-like symptoms, coughing and sneezing, shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing, with a temperature of 37.5°C and above, please firstly quarantine yourself and call the Ministry of Health’s hotline at 03-88810200, 03-88810600 or 03-88810700 to get advice on your next move. Do not go right away to a clinic because you might infect others. Stay safe, stay indoors.