A rambling colonial building, it was built in 1926 from funds provided by the British Red Cross Society and the Order of St. John of Jerusalem in England for the benefit of ex-members of the Imperial Forces (1914-1918) and their dependents. This gift was presented to Malaya as a token of the generosity of its inhabitants ... continue reading »